Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some Plans Change...

Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 14  And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive (KJV)
~~~~~~

Jer 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14  I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile. (ESV)
~~~~~~
I found out a few days ago that I will be transferred from my Seneca McDonald's to the West Union McDonald's. I have been at Seneca since 2005...6 years!!! Needless to say I was incredibly unhappy when I was informed about this decision for several reasons, I'll list a few of them.

       1.  I LOVE the managers I work with and many of the crew people. I have meet so many wonderful people that have really made me stop and think about myself and evaluate how I am. The interactions have really improved and challenged my walk.
      2.  It's change. A whole new store, new crew, new store manager, and some new managers. WHAT!?! TOO MUCH change for me!! I like to be eased into somethings. It's not that I can't adjust it's just A LOT to take in at one time.
      3.  It's further away. I will be driving about 15 mins more for each trip there and back. That's 2 1/2 hours more driving a week. A cheap estimate is 25 bucks a week in gas...125 bucks a month. That's a pay cut we cannot afford right now.
     4. No one bothered to see what I wanted. I believe that happy employees can produce a well run business.

So those are just a few. But I'm not trying to just complain here I promise!! I'm lucky to have a lot of supportive people in my life, people that support me the way God wants; and I have been talking to these people about this situation. There have been a few different options brought up and I just don't know what to do.

 "For I know the plans I have for you" was the first thing that came to mind (after being upset). God has a plan for my life, but why can't I see it or understand how McDonald's fits in it??   "You will call upon me and come and pray to me." I pray, I talk to God, but not like I should. This is the first time in my life that I really understand what being a Christian is and having God as my Lord AND Savior, so I'm still learning to give it to God. My conclusion: I'm not seeking God like I need to be. How do I know this? "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."  He promises that I will find Him. God is by far the only one that stands by ALL His promises. So if I was seeking like I should then God would hear me. I may not understand His plan but I will find Him. Submitting to Him  is the only way to live my life.

Here is my issue: I have grown up dealing with my own issues and supporting myself. If I wanted something done I needed to do it myself because 90% of the time no one else would or could do it for me. So the idea of handing EVERYTHING in my life to someone else seems insane. I haven't been able to (or wanted to) depend on others because they let me down. Not to mention HOW do you do this? How does one just hand something over that is not a physical object. Do I just stop worrying about it? Not think about, just go on about my day and wait and see what happens??

I'm not sure. I know I have to seek Him though, with all my heart otherwise it is rebellion. I know that whatever plans God has for me has nothing to do with what I deserve or what I do to try and deserve it.

**Ironically, this went from how my transfer fits into God's plan for me into how to find peace with God's decisions for my life and how to discover God's plan. :) God is beyond words, that's for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment