Thursday, April 14, 2011

Begat

I have been attempting to read the Bible from beginning to end just because. No specific reason I chose that  way other than that's the way it is written.  Odd for me because of my organization. To me reading it chronologically would make more sense since that is the order of events and my brain processes order and organization. Yet, the Bible is written this way for a reason so that's how I'll read it for now.

I'm sure you saw that I am 'attempting'. Here's the deal...I keep getting stuck at the parts that are genealogy. This is my thing, why do I need to know who begat who?? What growth is there in that? I don't get it. I'm sure there is a reason because it wouldn't be in the Bible if God didn't find it important for me to know. Still, half those people I don't know and I don't who is who. Just like there are multiple Johns out there now, back in that time there was the same thing. So how do I know which one is the one that becomes the king or whatever!? It gets frustrating.

 If anyone has any idea I would love to hear it. I know that there are things that we just aren't meant to understand but still, if there is an answer why shouldn't I know it?

BTW...I need a send off phrase...just saying. :)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v1/n2/who-begat-whom

    ReplyDelete