Sunday, August 25, 2013

Long time to Type!

Good day to you! It's been awhile since I have posted (over a year) and I was sitting here thinking, I should start blogging again, embrace the ability to reach thousands of people and possibly strike up a good discussion. A great many things have happened since I have last put up a post. Some good, some not so good. Life got (and still can be) really hectic. I won't go in detail but I am teaching on Wednesday nights, changed jobs, and went through several rough months here recently. With all that being said, I am still beyond blessed. God has provided me with food, shelter and a great group of friends to help us through it all. We are [hopefully] about to move to a house with central heat (Yay!) Our current house runs on a fireplace or gas heat. Gas, as we all know, is ridiculously expensive and the fireplace only heats a fourth of the house, but created a LOT of smoke (we had to take down our fire alarms because they kept going off). Needless to say, I am super excited about the prospect of moving. We had a plan to build a house on our own property, but God has other plans, so I will let Him lead the way (I would rather not have the responsibility of home maintenance anyway). I have started couponing, and let me tell you, it is wonderful! Getting stuff for cheap or free and having a mini-stock pile is handy. When it comes time for mission projects, I have plenty to give away. Below is a picture of stuff that we are donating to a place in town that helps people get cleaned up and find a job. It feels good to do something like this that is beneficial all around. It doesn't cost me much, but allows me to get more product for less which means more to give away!



My church has started dedicating every Sunday evening to small group men's and women's bible study. So far, I love it. We are currently working on "Brave: Honest Questions Women Ask" by Angela Thomas. I have done several bible studies in this format before and enjoyed them. For some reason, this one has really hit me. I don't know why. Maybe I am finally really determined to turn it ALL over to God, instead of just the parts I want to. That's always been a struggle for, fully trusting God, seeing as how I don't really FULLY trust much of anyone. I think this new found determination is because of everything my family and I have gone through in the last 6 months. We built our lives around our good fortune, financially and otherwise. "They" say hindsight is 20/20, and looking back, we were not good stewards of the money and good fortune God provided us. We have had to fully rely on God to get us through to get us where we are now.

Philippians 4: 12-13 says: 

12 I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. 13 I am able to do all things through Him[b] who strengthens me. 14 Still, you did well by sharing with me in my hardship.

Man has God been there! He is what has gotten me through everything. The is new study we are doing has really opened my eyes to what is really going on. First, I am worn out. Why? Stress, worry, and working, a lot. I have been trying to "fix" all the problems in my life on my own and man is it tiring to try and do that. I am so worn out from stressing and trying to handle it all on my own. But it is of such great comfort to know that I am not alone. I have sisters in Christ who are going through the same thing and I have God on my side. He knows I am worn out. He knows I need rest. This study has helped me realize that I cannot do everything and I was not intended to, even Jesus needed rest both emotionally and physically. I have also learned about my thorn. Something that is from Satan that God intends for good. Something that is I am meant to deal with. For how long I do not know. Only God can remove my thorn. I believe my thorn is meant to teach me something, but I am stubborn and fairly set in my ways. But my stubbornness and arrogance is nothing God can't handle. I think the most eye opening things I have learned is about his grace. His grace is sufficient. But what does that really mean? For me, it means God's goodwill towards me is sufficient to strengthen me and comfort me. No matter what thorn I am meant to suffer with, God will strengthen me and comfort me but I have to let Him.

So no matter what, God will always be there for me. He wants what is best for me.

Chew on that!
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment